Saturday, August 24, 2013

My All-Time Favorite Repurpose Idea

Magnet Play the RePurpose Way at PreK+K Sharing


It's Scott from Brick by Brick. I love to repurpose materials—use materials in ways different from their intended purpose. 

On my first post on this collaborative blog, I mentioned my three favorite repurposed items. But one, by far, remains the top idea. Not just with me but with anyone that sees it. A post about it on Brick by Brick (posted three years ago) remains one of my most viewed posts.

It's the magnet board from an oil drip pan.


The kids in my church kindergarten class have enjoyed it regularly. We use all kinds of magnets on it. (Even homemade ones.)






We sometimes put it flat on a table. Play changes as the surface changes.





We put sticky paper on it.



It also makes a really great portable display board. Use magnets or tape to attach your posters. Then move it to wherever you need it. Remove when you need space for something else. It works great.

I have loved this idea for a while. But I didn’t have one in my new elementary class last year. So, I went out and purchased two for my class this year.


When I moved to my new school (unexpectedly) this week, one of the teachers saw them. "You have magnet boards," she said. "Great! Where did you get them?" So I told her to go to the automotive section of Walmart to find them.

Lightweight, portable, magnetic – it’s the best all-around repurpose idea of all!

What’s your favorite object to repurpose?

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea - I'll be in the automotive section next trip! I use flannelboards for tons of stuff - but magnets would be great for a change! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...