Thursday, August 23, 2012

Homemade Magnetic Sticks

Hi! It's Scott from Brick by Brick. I love to repurpose materials—use materials in ways different from their intended purpose. I also love to make resources for kids to use.

One of my favorite ideas is using an oil drip pan for a magnet board - I mentioned that in my very first post here.

You can also make your own magnets for the board, too. The most recent ones we made were magnetic craft sticks. (I got the idea from Deborah at Teach Preschool.)

magnetic sticks

The kids had a great time using this colored craft sticks with self-adhesive magnets. 

magnetic sticks

magnetic sticks

We mixed the homemade magnets with our magnetic shapes. 

magnetic sticks

magnetic sticks

magnetic sticks

A simple homemade resource provided lots of creative fun.

What homemade magnets have you made?


2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites too Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I also love shapes made with craft sticks and Velcro. I pinned your post to my Organization and Preparation Board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/organization-and-preparation/

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...