Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Totally Worth It

Hi, I'm Greg & I am an Early Childhood Teacher from Australia. I write a blog called Males in Early Childhood which you can find by clicking here.

When asked why I became an early childhood teacher there are numerous  reasons I could rattle off. All quite valid and all very personal to me. others might site similar reasons that could sound exactly the same, but they would mean something different to them.

To make a positive impact on children's lives. To ensure the next generation have the best possible start in life. To be able to release the child within on a daily basis. Too feel worthwhile in what I do. To do what I love rather than what I have to. These are some reasons I have told to others in the past.



However, the other day something occurred that put all those other reasons into perspective. One of the children in my room had been away for several weeks with an ongoing illness. On his first day back he interrupted me as I was reading a story to say, "You're the perfect teacher Greg." Now how can you top that? What other reason do you need than to be told that by one of the most important people around you?

Needless to say it made my day and I will remember that moment for some time to come.

6 comments:

  1. Awh, that is awesome! You are right, it is moments like that, that confirm you are great at what you do and that make you realize why you teach! Kudos to you Greg! Keep doing what your doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we could only freeze moments such as that! Real affirmation for you! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to bottle them and take them around with me Carolyn.

      Delete
  3. It's those brief moments that last a lifetime and make all the negatives just fade away. Thanks for sharing this personal moment with us! It made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's powerful indeed Ayn if it can make other people's day, not just mine.

      Delete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...