Hi everyone! This is Sue Cahalane from Science for Kids Blog, I'm here on the 29th of every month.
Here is a freebie that addresses the Kindergarten Next Generation Science Standard (NGSS)
K-ESS2-2: Construct an argument supported by evidence for how plants and animals (including humans) can change the environment to meet their needs.
Click here or on the picture below to get your copy.
The Next Generation Science Standards were released in April of this year. The NGSS is a set of guidelines developed by scientists & educators from 26 states. They are the first broad national recommendations for science education since 1996. States are not required to adopt them.
The NGSS intend to:
1. Prepare students to be better decision makers about scientific/tech issues & to apply science to their daily lives
2. Standardize teaching among states
3. Increase the number of students who choose a science/tech major in college (which is extremely important for our nation's economic future!!)
4. Do something in science class - not just memorize facts (YAY for Hands-On Science Programs!!)
5. Have students recognize the relevance of the 4 STEM fields (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) to everyday life
For other science activities and freebies, please check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store, Facebook page, Pinterest page & my Science for Kids Blog!