Hello to the PreK + K Sharing community! I’m so honored and excited to be a part of this fabulous new blog collaboration!
I’m Erin Wing, a mom of three boys, (ages 3, 5 and 8), and a former teacher with ten years of experience in the elementary grades. I blog at www.smalltypes.com, where I share simple ideas to help parents create literacy rich homes. I began blogging as a way to exercise my "teacher brain" while home with my own kids; by finding new ways to instill in my children a love for literacy learning, and by collaborating and sharing those ideas with other parents.
I’m passionate about...
- Playful, child-centered literacy activities which are easy to implement and fun for everyone
- Parent and teacher resources that inspire me to try something new with my children
- Homes and kid-spaces set up with reading and writing in mind
- Household literacy routines
- Books! Reading them and making them
I’ll chime in here at PreK + K on those topics, and I look forward to hanging out with this amazing community of early childhood fans!
See you next month! In the meantime, you can always find me on Pinterest. (And sometimes on Facebook and Twitter too.)