Sunday, May 1, 2016

End of Year: Mother's Day, Graduation & Memorial Day


"The days are long and the years are short." 
-- Gretchen Rubin 

Have you contemplated this quote for a while?
Or is it as new to you as it is to me? 
I get it. I understand it. 
Ms. Rubin's thoughts were in response to parenting, 
but I think that they apply equally well to teaching. 

How can we be coming to the end of another school year? 
The days are indeed long....
but wow!
That year was especially SHORT!

Have you ever pulled into your garage, turned off the car and then fallen asleep sitting right there behind the steering wheel? 
Raise your hand if you can identify.

Spring always means school visits for me. 
End-of-year festivities. 
Author-Illustrator presentations galore.
And plenty of conference workshops, 
the occasional keynote and TRAVEL galore!!! 


There's nothing like a spontaneous group hug, 
from a totally new group of students, 
to make you want to pinch yourself and squeal! 

But now it is officially May. 
The end is in sight.
It is time to consider how to conclude the year in good order.
I have been gathering up a collection of little good-bye poems. 
Here are several that could be applicable for you to use.







These are all sufficiently sweet and appropriate. 
They inspired me for certain. 
I decided I would try my hand at writing my own little poem. 
Here's how it turned out. 


You have my permission to print it, 
and sign your name to the bottom. 

Here's a clever decorated classroom door. 
Perfect to review the year in a glance.


"When I Grow UP I Want to Be............." via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Graduation Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Bulletin Board for Preschool Graduation via RainbowsWithinReach

Bulletin Board for first grade, Bulletin board for kindergarten graduation

End of Year "Graduation" Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Two of the songs that I have written are truly perfect for your EOY celebration. 
Every year I hear from oodles of teachers using them.

"You're Wonderful" is the sentimental favorite: self-esteem!!!! 
"Red, White and Blue" is also being used for patriotic flair.
Both are typically performed using sign language. 


My songs and books are available at TeachersPayTeachers

I just received these next images on FB. 
It is such a thrill to learn that I was chosen as the featured author, 
for the spring Art show in preschool. 

This first beauty was made in response to my picture book, 
"You're Wonderful"  
{look in the lower left corner to see it by the bulletin board.}


This is the first time in my memory that the self esteem message of my song & book combo, was extended to the creation of three dimensional 'portrait' sculptures. 

Take a look at these custom hats! 



When I make my school visits, I bring my quilts
that I design and sew --- 
which we have scanned for my picture book illustrations. 


For the last two years I've volunteered with our church
at an after school tutoring program with the BIG kids. 
They appreciated meeting a 'REAL' author, too! 

BEFORE graduation rolls around, 
you're going to need to get some Mother's Day love created. 

Here are some quick thoughts.

Subway Art for Mother's Day by Debbie Clement  

photo of: Anchor Chart for Mother's Day, Mother's Day poem, kindergarten

photo of: Springtime Science with Seeds at Kindergarten Rocks via RainbowsWithinReach



photo of: handprint paintings for kindergarten, Mother's Day art project, preschool craft for Mother's Day

photo of: Mother's Day Kindergarten Gift, handprint for Mother's Day on ceramic tile,


photo of: Mother's Day rhyme for handprint, Mother's Day poem for children

bumble bee art, children's art, children's spring collage, spring preschool art, NAEYC art

Mother's Day Poem for Keepsake Card via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Mother's Day drawings in kindergarten, Mother's Day project

photo of: Mother's Day Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Mother's Day poem for children, Poem for Mother's Day artwork

photo of: Mother's Day flower project, Mother's Day craft for children

photo of: Mother's Day Art Project for Children (Flowers Painted with Muffin Liners) via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Spring Art Project for Children at RainbowsWithinReach

And finally some inspiration for Memorial Day! 

Patriotic Flag Art in Kindergarten in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Kindergarten Art in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement



Patriotic Preschool Hearts with Stars via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Flag paintings by young children, preschool patriotism


Author-Illustrator School Visit: Artist Residency "Red, White and Blue" Patriotic Response


photo of: Red, White and Blue: Construction Paper Quilts in Honor of 9-11 (in response to "Red, White and Blue" picture book)


photo of: Patriotic Bulletin Board in Response to "Red, White and Blue" Picture Book by Debbie Clement




Again. My work is available at my own website and at TpT. 



Our crazy adventure over at Wobble Seat.com continues to gather steam and get traction, in the whole #AlternativeSeating movement. 

We distribute these rocking stools that can be ordered in 10" and 12" and 14" and 20" sizes. 

For most PreK + K children 12" would be best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...