Monday, September 1, 2014

Mental Floss: Launching an Inspired New School Year

Teacher Mental Floss: Launching an Inspired New School Year {Pep Rally with Debbie Clement}

SEPTEMBER? Time to say good-bye to summer! 
Time to shift our mental clocks a season.
Let the new 'quarter' begin!!! 
[You can get this freebie Subway Art download over at our EEE.]

Fall Subway ART Freebie Download from Debbie Clement

Now! Time for a little *PEP RALLY* 
I honestly do feel that ALL change comes through teachers! 
Think about how you have met any goal in life...... 
chances are good that you've had a 'teacher' involved.
I own this bumper sticker. 
I believe this bumper sticker. 
I fancied up this bumper sticker.
I know you'll appreciate this bumper sticker. 

"Teachers are my Heroes!" Bumper Sticker Inspiration for a New School Year from Debbie Clement's Collection

How many times have you watched this Ted Talk on YouTube? 
September first calls for another (re)visit. 
Seven and a half minutes of a reminder of why we do what we do!
"Every child deserves a champion!" ~~ Rita Pierson 




Maybe you need to pin this post for a reminder, for when the going gets tough. Those days come. The day you're sick, but it takes more work to write up sub-plans that to trudge on through. Been there. Done that. The day your students are responding to the full moon, just as your toughest, most challenging student goes bonkers. {Yes, that is a professional term that we all recognize.} The day your spouse is less than understanding of all of the hours you sink into your profession. 'Nuff said. 


Teacher Quote via Debbie Clement's collection

I've included some of my favorite teacher quotes that I have adorned with some of my favorite photos..... or is it the other way around? Took the photo above in Sedona earlier this winter, just after making an AZ school visit! Went searching for the perfect quote! Think I found it!!! YOU. You are a compass. You activate magnets! {Note-to-self: When in doubt use magnets!} 

We all need bumpers stickers and buttons as talisman of our calling.

Teacher Quote from Debbie Clement's Collection

Swim. Keep swimming. Paddle. Keep paddling. Fake it till ya make it. 
Pithy is good when you're having a tough day. 

Teacher Quote from Debbie Clement's Collection


Teacher Quote from Debbie Clement's Collection

Teacher Quote from Debbie Clement's Collection


Teacher Quote from Debbie Clement's Collection

Here's an entire article on this very same theme: "Imagining the First Day of the Best Year Yet" the empty canvas!

Last month I took a poll on my FB page, asking teachers to respond with a prompt/a suggestion that they wish parents would say to their child the night before school starting. There are poingant responses and nitty-gritty ones too. They make me sigh. Here's the RoundUP of those thoughts.


What Teachers Wish Parents Said to Their Child (the night before school starts) via RainbowsWithinReach

I culled through my own blog and put DOZENS of my RoundUPs with literally THOUSANDS of photos into this encyclopedia. 

Back to School Resources with Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

SCHOOL BUS AS ART PROJECT
School Bus as Art Project and MORE at RainbowsWithinReach

As the buses begin to roll in earnest, it is fun to let the children capture their shapes and form. 
I have a RoundUP of arts and crafts in response to all things bus, over at my blog. 

Bringing the 'real' world into your classroom is always a goal. 
Creating more green space is a suitable way to reach that goal. 
Here's a RoundUP of 133 different 'trees' in the classroom! 

133 TREE Projects in the Classroom at RainbowsWithinReach

This summer I embarked on a lark. 
A lark embarkment if you will.
Twitter. The final frontier. 

I was bound and determined to help some educators make the leap. 
We have continued our leaping ever since! 
A TUESDAY TEACHER PRACTICE CHAT! 
WITH PRIZES! 

Tuesday Teacher Twitter Chat PRACTICE with Guests and PRIZES!

If you 'really' have no idea what Twitter is all about, 
show up at 8:30 EST and we as moderators and hostess' folk will help you navigate. 
At 9:00 the crowd arrives and our guest and it starts moving FAST! 

This week our #EduCelebrity is our own "Dr. Danny Brassell." 
That's the two of us out in Vegas last year! 
He is huggable! 
He is knowledgable! 
And he is an EXPERT! 
You can chat directly TO HIM! 

Dr. Danny Brassell #GuestEduCelebrity on #TeacherFriends PRACTICE Chat!

As if that's not exciting enough? 
We have guests committed for the coming six weeks! 
Look at this stellar line-up! 

Are you as thrilled as I am? 

#TeacherFriends Twitter Chat PRACTICE: Guest List for September

The whole 'point' to Twitter, IMHO, is that your have immediate access to peers who can support your efforts, answer your questions and steer you in the right direction! Come practice a time or two so that you have it down pat, by the time Steve Spangler arrives! He has prizes and MORE! From the 'Ellen Show' to our humble PRACTICE Chat!!! 

I'll leave you with a few more upbeat quotes. 
This next one is very dear to my heart. 
It's from my MOM! 
And the image is of a collage I create that hangs on our FL entry-way wall! 

"Seek beauty & Create beauty" quotation from Debbie Clement collection

Creativity Quote from Debbie Clement Collection

Imagination Quotation from Debbie Clement Collection!

What ever your role with children. 
Be a champion. 
Be a children's champion! 
Have fun. 
They notice. They notice when you smile. 
They notice when you laugh. 
They notice when YOU are enjoying YOURself! 
Here's me. 
Having a good time! 
Pictures I took of pictures hanging in the hallway of the year's HIGHLIGHTS! 
I LUV me being a HIGHLIGHT! 

Author-Illustrator School Visit with Debbie Clement

5 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome post, Debbie- full of FABULOUS ideas! I just love you. You shine right through your posts! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn!!!!! You are just TOO quick! This is the first installment of what will end up being lengthier, with more resources and more links..... but I had to put this first step out there for those punctual people! Squeezing you and looking forward to our first real-life encounter!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill. Sorta like preaching to the choir when I hear from you and Carolyn above. I will content myself to pretend that some others have read along as well.

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. These wordsof inspiration are so true. Teachers play a very valuable role in honing children and it's nice that many people are appreciative of what they do.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...