Thursday, September 1, 2016

September: Apples and Flags and Flexible Seating: OH MY!



SEPTEMBER! SEPTEMBER! SEPTEMBER! 



Now that it is indeed September, in my heart and my mind: all things turn again to school

Some of my dear friends have already been back for a couple of weeks and some do not start in earnest for a couple of days, but no matter how you look at it: September means school! 

As a 'music-lady' morphed into a picture book author-illustrator that means are return to my favorite contribution of all: making school visits! 


It is on my many visits into schools that I capture the numerous photographs that you see here. I LUV to share the excellence that I have seen -- to offer as inspiration to you. (Just click the RoundUP photographs below and it will take you to the earlier blog article.)


September is all about the beginning of the new season. 
To our littles, that can be ALL about the new colors -- 
and the changing of the trees. 



And what would September be without APPLES!?! 
Apples come in all variety of colors and tastes -- 
perfect for graphs and charting: preferences and favorites.


I've got an earlier RoundUP on "All Things Apple" over at my blog

Here's a WHOLE RoundUP of craftie-possibilities! 

photo of: Fall Arts + Crafts Projects for Children (Fall RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

There are sooooo many fall project visuals in this earlier article (or just click the picture.) 

One of my favorite images is this comparison of non-standard measurement. 
How many pumpkins tall are you? 
How many apples tall are you? 


Here's some more Apple Fun! (Click the picture below for the additional insight.) 

photo of: Apple Projects for Back to School (Preschool thru Kindergarten)

Here's one of my BIG RoundUPS of ALL sorts of TREES 
that I've seen in classrooms near and far! 

133 TREE Projects in the Classroom at RainbowsWithinReach

As we start a new school year, I get a lot of positive feedback from teachers that they are appreciating my song, "Red, White and Blue." Many are grateful to have a simple song to address patriotism and a love of our country for young children. 

It is hard to believe that it has already been 15 years since the Tuesday of September 11th. I wrote this song in the immediate aftermath of that day. It is the subject of my newest picture book. I am always delighted to see the patriotic art of children as I come to visit schools. Here are a few ideas that can be inspiration for your own projects.  



photo of: Red, White and Blue: Construction Paper Quilts in Honor of 9-11 (in response to "Red, White and Blue" picture book)

photo of: Quilt Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement




A new year. New goals. New strategies. New possibilities.
I wrote this article about "flexible seating" which is taking classrooms by storm.

We distribute "Wobble Seats" and I wanted you to have some background on my enthusiasm and support of using a variety of possibilities in the classroom.



Here are some images of additional 'flexible seating' that have caught my eye over the years. 





I'm going to conclude this month with an outline of several VERY unique opportunities to meet me in person over the coming season ahead. 

First on the calendar is this dynamic-duo in Tennessee. 
Come join Mr. Greg and moi: October 29th. 
Click the image below for all of the details. 


Then in November I am thrilled to announce that I will be presenting at NAEYC!!! 
I don't yet have my specific date and time assignment, 
but I'll come back and announce those details just as soon as I know! 
I do know that we have reserved a booth in the vast exhibit hall and you can come there to Booth #2433 to meet me at any point.

Then in December I'll be in Waco, TX. 
Look at this video below and plan to join us. 
My good friend Crystal Radke is putting this weekend together for "Teachers of Faith."  It is a one-of-a-kind event designed to rebuilt and rejuvenate and celebrate with others who see teaching as a mission. Make plans now to come with a friend to fill your cup and find your tribe. You don't have to go it alone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...