Monday, June 1, 2015

June: Reflection! Resources! Rejuvenation!


SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER! 
June has arrived in earnest.

When do you begin to REFLECT on all that has just transpired? 
I truly believe that we grow through REFLECTION on our past. 
Asking questions and taking the time to consider and record your thoughts is the path to improvement for the future. 
That is how I spend my summer. 
Deep in the REFLECTION pool.

Last summer I began a Twitter-Chat on the hashtag: 
#TeacherFriends
and it has morphed into an amazing, supportive group of professionals.
This week, tomorrow, Tuesday 6/2 we will be focusing our chat on all things reflective and rejuvenating!   


Is this the season where you step out of your comfort zone 
and try learn something new? 
We give amazing prizes EVERY week as incentive and support.
Twitter is FREE and offers the potential 
of professional development 24/7: in YOUR JAMMIES!  

We have some amazing plans for this summer's continuing chat. 
Guests you won't want to miss and prizes extraordinaire!


Be sure that you follow me on Twitter! 
I am the moderator and ask all of the questions. 

Now let's turn our focus to the ocean! 
Are you headed there in real life? 
Those of you who have children this summer will enjoy these ideas. 

Click on the picture below to go see all 97+ ideas on my personal blog. 
I have transported some of my favorites below! 

Ocean Theme: Projects, Ideas and Inspiration RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Ocean Graph {from Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Ocean Bulletin Board using Flip Flops as Color Focus {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}

Ocean Themed Reading Corner from Ocean RoundUP with DOZENS of ideas at RainbowsWithinReach

Ocean Fish Painting {Ocean RoundUP of Inspiration at RainbowsWithinReach}

Rainbow Fish Piggy Back Song {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}

photo of: anchor chart, writing, color blue in environment

Ocean Anchor Chart: SHARK {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}

Shells & Ocean Science {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}

Ocean Themed Decorated Doors {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach: Over 100 IDEAS!}

photo of: Preschool Fish Painting Bulletin Board

Beach Blog Hop

Preschool Painting

Ocean Theme Dioramas from Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

Ocean Dioramas from Reggio Emilia, Italy {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}

Ocean Sculptures in Elementary School {Ocean RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach}



Do you work in a "FAITH BASED" setting? 
One of the favorite songs that I've written is entitled, 
"God Did." 

The lyrics are: 
"Who made the waves in the ocean, the sand on the beach, 
the sun in the sky, the juice in the peach........... 
Do you know? I do. God did. That's who." 


I have it in a zipped file in digital format as an Mp3. 
You can download it for *FREE* at our 
Early Education Emporium. 
The file has powerpoint slides of the lyrics included. 

*Or you can purchase it at Teachers Pay Teachers. 

One of my favorite school visits of the year is my annual trip to St. Paul in Westerville, OH. 
I've been going there for about the last ten years or so. 
My visit is usually at the VERY end of the school year. 
This year I was their mid-May thanks to the flexibility of my dear friends. 
What a JOY to see this bulletin board in the kindergarten classroom of Mrs. Rose! 
"God Did" Bulletin Board for FREE Mp3 of Debbie Clement Song

I know that you want to take a closer look at this amazing Kinder writing! 


"God Did" Bulletin Board for FREE Mp3 of Debbie Clement Song

I have an entire Pinboard on Ocean, Beach and Faith
already organized and awaiting your browsing.


Now let's conclude with some of my own photographs. 
I enjoy adding sentiments and quotes to my snaps. 
Hope that they brighten your day! 

Praise Report and Water Lilies Galore!






quotation on joy



We are working hard to get the word out about 'our' Wobble Seats! 
I truly believe that for some children this is THE answer!
Do you know any energetic, sensory children?
I have been taking them into schools when I make 
my music-lady/Author-Illustrator visits. 

Teachers and parents are in LUV with them, when they see them in action.
First you'll see a 5 year old in action. 
He was born at 26 weeks and maintains his preemie stature.
He is working on the 10" size for the first time.  


This next collage is a four year old girl and you can see how she looks seated on both the 10" and the 14" size. 
People's main question is what size do I get for the children in my classroom? 
I think much of that answer/equation depends on the height of the surfaces in your room.



This next montage of images shows you what I mean regarding surface heights. 
The nearly five year old girl is VERY properly suited to the 14" Wobble, 
but the classroom table was too short for her to use the 14" and play comfortably. 


Here's a tall for his age kindergarten boy seated on that same 14" size. 
I have an incredible 19 second video of him working + wobbling: 
THE ENTIRE 19 seconds! 
You'll have to go over to my Instagram account to watch. 
{I will attempt to learn how to get video from my phone to blog. Honest.} 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...